Department Server Hosting
ITS Operations has established a co-location facility designed specifically for department servers. This facility enables departments to co-locate critical servers that require high availablity in ITS' Datacenter . This environment includes:
- Uninterruptible and conditioned power.
- A redundantly cooled operating environment.
- Emergency power generator for extended power-outages.
- A fire suppression system.
- Gigabit network connectivity.
- KVM remote access provisioning.
- Scalable rack space availability as need increases.
- Physically secured access.
The Benefits of Colocation
Colocating your equipment and placing department servers in this environment enhances reliability and access to the services provided by your servers. Colocating a department server within the ITS Data Center will help:
- Recover departmental space.
- Protect against power interruptions.
- Keep equipment cooled to specifications (especially during summer and fall months).
- Ensure secure access while still having physical and remote access to the devices .
- The ITS Datacenter provides hosting services only for departments within Cal Poly.
- Servers must be rack mountable to fit this provisioning model.